Chicken fajita casserole is a super delicious meal. Moreover, this dish has full of flavour and cheesy ingredients that the entire family will love and enjoy weekend dinner.
Most importantly, the best thing of this meal is that it is a keto low carb recipe and packed with the flavour of fajita and you can top with sour cream and avocados. In short, if you are looking to spice up your dinner, this low-carb chicken Fajita casserole is the best recipe.
Chicken Fajita Casserole
Firstly, chicken fajita casserole is an excellent option if you are following the (Ketogenic diet) The best thing about chicken Fajita casserole is that it is a healthy recipe. Traditional Fajita – keto chicken Fajita is a flavour profile that never old.
Sometimes, the family wants to eat something different, creamy, and comfort food. That is to say; it is an exact recipe you want to eat and cook for your dinner. Thankfully, Fajitas are keto-friendly and low carb.
In short, why you love Chicken Fajita Casserole?
Delicious Fajita in creamy, cheesy casserole:-
Chicken fajita casserole is blended with Shredded cheese, cream cheese, and Monterey jack cream; therefore, the whole family will love this – delicious and cheesy ingredient with sautéed chicken and veggies are perfect dinner.
Make your chicken fajita casserole at home
Secondly! I prefer to make Cheesy Fajita casserole own because, in this recipe, simple ingredients are included, simple instructions are included. If you cook this recipe one time, I am sure you will make it again and again – Above all… it is yummy.
Easy to make under the 1-hour recipe
Thirdly and most importantly, this family-friendly dish is cooked in under one hour. If you have little time for cooking, this delicious and simple recipe is perfect for you. People want simple and delicious meals every day. No doubt, my Chicken Fajita casserole recipe is going to become your favourite dish.
Looking for more low-carb recipes:-
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Easy Recipe
- Low Carb Easy Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Chicken Fajita Casserole ingredients:-
Chicken breasts: chicken breast low in carb and high in protein
Onion: Many people leave the onion to make the meal. But, onion is the main ingredient for cooking. In this recipe, you will fry the onion before adding them to the casserole, and they won’t be raw. In short, it is essential for Fajita.
Bell pepper: I recommend both red and green bell peppers for an extra pop of colour, and another good thing is that; it increases the flavours of fajita like green bell peppers are bitter in flavour, and red peppers are sweeter. In addition, they are both love and yum.
Green chillies and Tomatoes: You can dice tomatoes, and you can use them as also for topping. Most importantly, these ingredients increase the flavour of Chicken Fajita.
Shredded cheese: My opinion is that cheese increases the flavour of the meal, and shredded cheese makes this Fajita yummier. Therefore, I am using Cheddar and Monterey jack cheese here.
Taco seasoning: Taco seasoning makes this recipe extra flavours.
Cream cheese: High in fat and low in carb. Cream cheese is perfect for casserole. It is so yummy, and I used it for my chicken fajita casserole recipe.
Heavy cream: It is an optional ingredient. You can use heavy cream for casserole. It adds an extra deliciousness and creaminess to the Fajita, but it is optional.
Best bell peppers for Fajitas
I love colourful bell peppers – red, green, yellow, and orange. I used red and green bell peppers for my recipe. If you want to eat a colourful dish with multiple flavours, you can use these bell peppers.
How to cut chicken breast for Fajita Casserole?
The first question comes to mind – how to cut chicken breast for Fajita? See this….
Cut the chicken breast lengthwise into thin strips or diced chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces or chunks. But, I diced chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks in the recipe.
How To Make Chicken Fajita Casserole
Step1: Start the recipe by seasoning the chicken breast with pepper and salt on both sides.
- Place in the oven and bake for twenty-five minutes until it is cooked through.
Step 2: When chicken breasts are baking, add one tbsp olive oil, diced tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, and green chillies into the pan and cook.
- Sauté until vegetables get tender. When done, remove from the pan and add into the big bowl. Place it aside.
Step3: After that, remove the chicken breast from the oven. Let it cool for five minutes. Then, chop the chicken breast into bite-sized chunks or pieces. Add to another big bowl.
Step4: Season the cooked vegetables and baked chicken breasts with one tbsp taco seasoning.
- Combine everything in the bowl until all content are coated with taco seasoning.
Step5: After that, add all cream cheese, half of the shredded cheese (I used cheddar cheese and Monterey jack cheese), and heavy cream to the same big bowl with peppers and chicken and combine everything until mixed well.
- After that, add the remaining taco seasoning to the bowl and stir again until mixed well.
Step6: Place the mixture into the casserole dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Place into the oven for baking. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for thirty to thirty-five minutes.
Step7: In conclusion, your Favorite low-carb Chicken Fajita casserole is ready to serve.
- You can top it with jalapenos or cilantro and sour cream.
How to store leftover Chicken Fajita casserole?
The yummy meal does not remain. But, if you want to store leftover chicken Fajita casserole, you can store it in the freezer. It will stay fresh for up to three days. When you want to eat, take it out from the freezer, reheat the Fajita in the oven and serve…
- You can cut the chicken breast into cubes. It is entirely up to you.
- If you did not want to add cheese, skip this.
- You can add cooked pasta to the casserole if you desired.
- Serve this chicken Fajita casserole with rice, Cauliflower rice, and pasta.
Moreover, Thank you readers:-
The thank-you word is little for you. If there is a more powerful word than thank you, I must say there. Further, thank you! my readers, for supporting me, visiting my website, commenting, and sharing my recipes with your friends and family. I am so thankful to you!
Low Carb Chicken Fajita Casserole
- 3 chicken breast – cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 bell peppers – with seeds remove and sliced into strips – red and green
- 1 ½ of onion – sliced
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes and green chillies
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese – cheddar cheese and Monterrey jack cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese – softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream - optional
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the chicken breasts with pepper and salt. Bake for twenty to twenty-five minutes until no longer pink.Season the chicken breasts with pepper and salt. Bake for twenty to twenty-five minutes until no longer pink.
- When the chicken breast is baking, cook the green chillies, diced tomatoes, and bell peppers in the greased skillet or pan.
- Cook the vegetable until tender and place it aside into the bowl.
- Now, remove the chicken breast from the oven and let cool it.
- Chop the chicken breast into bite-sized chunks or pieces. Add to the same big bowl.
- Next, season the tender vegetable and baked chicken with 1 tbsp taco seasoning.
- Add heavy cream, all cream cheese, and half of the shredded cheese to the bowl with peppers and chicken. Combine everything and then add remaining taco seasoning and again combined well.
- Place mixture into the casserole dish and top with remaining shredded cheese and bake into the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for thirty to thirty-five minutes.
- Serve with rice!
Amount per serving: calories: 191, Total fat: 13g, Saturated fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 0g, unsaturated fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 254mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Net carbohydrates: 5g, fiber: 1g, sugar: 3g, Protein: 13g
We want to know your thoughts.
Share your comments:
If you have any questions about our recipe, you can ask below.
Share your photos:
Did you make this dish? If yes, don’t forget to show us a pic of what you made!
Rate this recipe:
In addition, if you love to make this recipe, rate this recipe
If you love this dish, share a photo on Pinterest.
Pin our pin:
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest.
Pin me for later
Pinterest Pin Image
Firstly, chicken fajita casserole is an excellent option if you are following the (Ketogenic diet) The best thing about chicken Fajita casserole is that it is a healthy recipe. Traditional Fajita – keto chicken Fajita is a flavour profile that never old. #chickenfajita #lowcarb #casserole #ketochicken #easyrecipe